Keeping Your Cool: Everyday discipline and challenging behaviour - Nelson
Monday 29 July, 10am - 1:30pm
TOA After School & Holiday Programme, 75 Pascoe St, Tahunanui, Nelson
We hear all the time that children are becoming more challenging in their behaviour and that staff often struggle to respond effectively when kids are pushing limits or “melting down”. This workshop aims to keep things simple – we focus on effective strategies for everyday use that help kids get back on track with a minimum of confrontation: if we want cool, respectful kids then we have to walk the talk ourselves.
We use games and practical activities to show how to approach challenging behaviour with a cool head and positive purpose. We can also make links between these everyday discipine practices and strategies needed for children with conditions such as ADHD, FASD etc.
- Helping children to behave well – what are we aiming for?
- Low-key discipline techniques for everyday use
- Why are children challenging?
- Effective responses to challenging behaviour: accommodation and intervention strategies
- Evidence-based practice – what can we learn from research into classroom teaching?
Make A Booking
- Please use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register,
- You can enter 2 or more names in the one box.
- Please also provide us with contact details in case we need to reach you about the booking.
- You should then receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue.