OSCAR Meetup 2020
Otahuhu Pool & Leisure Centre, 30 Mason Ave, Otahuhu, Auckland
$60-00 per person (includes morning tea on arrival and lunch)
This is an opportunity for OSCAR managers, owners and senior supervisors to connect and share knowledge and experience on a very practical level. This will be a ‘no frills’ event, so none of the formalities that you might see at a full-blown conference. There will be a programme of 50-minute sessions comprising short presentations by OSCAR providers on specified topics, followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session group. Some broad topics are listed below. We expect these to firm up into more specific topics once we confirm all our speakers.
We expect the event to fill up - register your interest now. (Scroll down for the booking form.) We don't require any payment at this stage.
- We will be registering 200 people in total (based on venue capacity).
- Places will be limited to two people per programme site: owners/service managers/ senior supervisors , to a maximum of 4 people from any one organisation. (May be subject to review depending on initial bookings).
- Registrations are only open to OSCN members. Information on OSCN Membership
- Fees are payable now, an invoice will be issued on booking. Cancellations before midday August 19th will be entitled to a $50 refund. Cancellations before midday August 18th will be entitled to a $30 refund.
Overview of the day
8:30am - arrival, light refreshments
9:00am - welcome and housekeeping
9.30am – 12.30pm - 3 x 50-minute sessions – a choice of 2-3 options.
Short presentations by OSCAR providers on a specified topic (see below), followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session
12:30-1:30pm - lunch & networking
1.30pm - large group session (details to be advised); group photo; informal networking contiinues.
2.00pm - end of formal programme
Programme may be subect to change - this is OSCAR, remember!
- Juggling staff - rosters, leave, employment agreements
- Holiday programme trends – activities and programme structure
- Eyes in the back of your head – safety management and active supervision
- Spread a bit thin? Multi-site management - styles and approaches
- Effective practices for fee collection, bookings (including on-line systems),OSCAR Subsidy, managing parent debt….
- Going the extra mile…. …. Children with higher care needs and more challenging behaviour
Make A Booking
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box. For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
You should then receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue. Thank you!