OSCAR Meetup 2020
Otahuhu Pool & Leisure Centre, 30 Mason Ave, Otahuhu, Auckland
This is an opportunity for OSCAR managers, owners and senior supervisors to connect and share knowledge and experience on a very practical level. This will be a ‘no frills’ event, so none of the formalities that you might see at a full-blown conference. There will be a programme of 50-minute sessions comprising short presentations by OSCAR providers on specified topics, followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session group. Some broad topics are listed below. We expect these to firm up into more specific topics once we confirm all our speakers.
We expect the event to fill up - register your interest now. (Scroll down for the booking form.) We don't require any payment at this stage.
- We will be registering 200 people in total (based on venue capacity).
- Places will be limited to two people per programme site: owners/service managers/ senior supervisors , initially to a maximum of 4 people from any one organisation. (May be subject to review depending on initial bookings).
- Registrations are only open to OSCN members. Information on OSCN Membership
- Meetup fee includes lunch and refreshments. No payment is required at this stage.
Overview of the day
8:30am - arrival, light refreshments
9:00am - welcome and housekeeping
9.30am – 12.30pm - 3 x 50-minute sessions – a choice of up to 4 options
Short presentations by OSCAR providers on a specified topic (see below), followed by questions, discussion and networking within each session
12:30-1:30pm - lunch & networking
After lunch: large group session (details to be advised); group photo; further information sharing and networking; formal closing by 3:00pm.
- Managing staff rosters and leave entitlements
- Staff inductions and on-the-job learnin
- Holiday programme trends - programming and routines
- After school trends - programming and routines
- Venues and equipment - tips and trends
- Enrolment, welcome and induction processes for new families
- Helping juniors to settle into your programme
- Programming for older children
- Multi-site management - styles and approaches
- Preparing for emergencies/civil defense events - practical tips & handy hints
- Effective practices for accounts, fee collection and OSCAR Subsidy
- Strategies for including children with disabilities in OSCAR
- Children with higher care needs and behaviour challenges
Make A Booking
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box. For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
You should then receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue. Thank you!