Here to Care: effective supervision and duty of care
Tuesday 17 August, 10am - 1:30pm
Elim Kids Club, 405 Victoria Street, Hastings.
This workshop aims to build awareness and understanding of the professional obligations & sector standards for programme supervision. We will learn about duty of care, legal liability for injury, risk assessment and effective supervision. We take a practical, common sense approach, which balances the need for safety and the need for children to be active and learning from real experiences.
- Actively managing the risk of harm: obligations under health and safety legislation
- Standards and guidelines for effective programme supervision
- Duty of care, negligence and reasonable care of children
- How much risk is OK? A balanced approached to assessing risk in activities
Cost: OSCN members: $45-00 per person, Non-members: $65-00 per person.
Make A Booking
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry.
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box. For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
You should then receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue. Thank you!