Keeping your cool: responding to challenging behaviour - Palmerston North
Thursday 10th November, 10am - 1.30pm
Venue: Chill Out Freyburg, Red Sox Manawatu Sports Club, 916 Tremaine Avenue, Roslyn, Palmerston North
Cost: OSCN members: $45-00 per person, Non-members: $65-00 per person
We hear all the time that children are becoming more challenging in their behaviour and that staff often struggle to respond effectively when kids are pushing limits or “melting down”. This workshop aims to keep things simple – we focus on effective strategies for everyday use that help kids get back on track with a minimum of confrontation: if we want cool, respectful kids then we have to walk the talk ourselves.
We use games and practical activities to show how to approach challenging behaviour with a cool head and positive purpose. We also make links between these everyday discipine practices and strategies needed for children with conditions such as ADHD.
- Helping children to behave well – what are we aiming for?
- Low-key discipline techniques for everyday use
- Why are children challenging?
- Effective responses to more challenging behaviour
Make A Booking
No payment is required for initial registration or a booking enquiry. We only charge for those who attend.
- Use the form below to enter the names of people you wish to register
- Please enter multiple names on one form - all in the one box.
- For 'quantity' select the number of staff you are booking.
- Your contact details are helpful, in case we need to reach you if there are any changes.
You should receive a confirmation email, including more details about the venue.