OSCAR Meet Up 2023
10am - 2pm, Otahuhu Pool & Leisure Centre, 30 Mason Ave, Otahuhu, Auckland
$70-00 per person (includes morning tea on arrival and lunch)
This is an opportunity for OSCAR managers, owners and senior supervisors to connect and share knowledge and experience on a very practical level. This will be a ‘no frills’ event, so none of the formalities that you might see at a full-blown conference. The morning programme is 2 x 75-minute sessions comprising short presentations by OSCAR providers on specified topics, followed by questions and discussion (Topics are listed below.)
If you are looking for the option with dinner: please use this link
Registrations are open now. Scroll down for the booking form. We don't require any payment at this stage.
Registrations are only open to OSCN members. Information on OSCN Membership
Overview of the day
9:00am onwards - light refreshments, welcome and housekeeping
10.00am – 12.30pm - 2 x workshop sessions (a choice of 3 options in each). Workshops will commence at 10am sharp - please be on time
Short presentations by OSCAR providers on a specified topic (see below), followed by questions & discussion
12:30-1:00pm - lunch & networking
1.00pm - informal networking continues, small group discussions (details to be advised), group photo
2.00pm - end of formal programme, informal networking continues
We will gather for dinner from 5pm at Sylvia Park.
Out of Aucklanders: the afternoon timing is flexible and we will be happy to help with your arrangements to transition the dinner venue.
Topics - details and timing schedule TBC
- Inclusion in OSCAR - supporting children with higher needs and challenging behaviour
- Off to a good start - a deep dive into the enrolment processes, parent relationships and welcoming children
- Active supervision - what exactly is it and how can we get the best from staff on the floor
- Looking after our people - practicial support and ideas to help with staff management and programme culture
- School relationships - building strong professional ties with schools; what works and what doesn't
- Programming goodness! Practical programming ideas to inspire and energise. Specific topic to be advised.
This programme may be subect to change - this is OSCAR, remember!
We will confirm workshop details and ask you to select which sessions, closer to the event
We will also check with you then about dietary requirements
PLEASE ENTER ALL NAMES FOR THE BOOKING IN THE "NAMES" BOX
Venue: Otahuhu Pool & Leisure Centre
30 Mason Ave, Otahuhu, Auckland